Metropolitan Family Service Receives $361,371 from Classic Wines Auction
PORTLAND, Ore. – The Classic Wines Auction presented Metropolitan Family Service (MFS) with a check for $361,371 yesterday in downtown Portland. This year’s auction raised over $3 million for six benefiting charity partners in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
MFS supports children, families and seniors in Portland and Southwest Washington struggling with poverty and social inequality with a dedicated staff and over 2,000 volunteers. The money will be used by MFS to provide/support:
- Seven school-based food pantries serving more than 5,000 people each year
- 27,000 rides to older adults and people living with disabilities to increase access to services and help them stay connected to their community, while remaining independent
- Financial education training and a matching education grant program where every one dollar saved is matched by three
- After school and summer meal sites, contributing to 191,000 meals distributed annually
- One-on-one mentoring for 341 students in low-income neighborhoods
This year’s five other benefiting charities are New Avenues for Youth, Friends of the Children-Portland, YWCA Clark County, Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel and Special Olympics Oregon.
Since its inception in 1982, the Classic Wines Auction has raised almost $40 million for children and families in the community. For more information about the Classic Wines Auction, call (503) 972-0194 or visit www.classicwinesauction.com.
Photo caption: From left to right: Steven Wilker (MFS Board Chair), Wake Mack (CWA Board Member), Judy Strand (MFS CEO), Heather Martin (CWA ED), Paul Vogel (CWA Board Member), Tara Kinateder (CWA Board Member), Chris Hermann (CWA Board Member).
More about the Classic Wines Auction
Consistently recognized as one of the top ten charity wine auctions in the country by Wine Spectator Magazine since 2001, the Classic Wines Auction has raised nearly $40 million for Portland-area charities since its inception in 1982. Based in Portland, Ore., Classic Wines Auction, Inc. is a nonprofit organization dedicated to producing the Classic Wines Auction and related food and wine events to raise funds for local charities benefiting children and families, including: Metropolitan Family Service (MFS), New Avenues for Youth, Friends of the Children-Portland, YWCA Clark County and Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel and Special Olympics Oregon.